Zum Inhalt wechseln

Foto

Damage Multiplication

Damage

Beste Antwort Gast_Vistella_*, 13. Februar 2016 - 18:35

1. 4/26/2014: If more than one Dictate of the Twin Gods is on the battlefield, damage dealt will double for each one (two of them will end up multiplying the damage by four, three of them by eight, and four of them by sixteen).

2. the bolt will deal 6 damage, the reckoner will shoot those 6 onto something else, which will get doubled due to the dictate, resulting in 12 damage from the reckoner

Zum vollständigen Beitrag

• Dieses Thema ist geschlossen Dieses Thema ist geschlossen
4 Antworten in diesem Thema

#1 Bnd Geschrieben 13. Februar 2016 - 18:24

Bnd

Mitglied

• Neues Mitglied
  • PIP
  • 1 Beiträge

Hi, 

I got 2 questions considering damage multiplication.

1. Question

Scenario :

Two Dictate of the Twin Gods are on the field. They say if a source would deal damage it would deal double that damage instead.

If iI play a Lightning Bolt ( which does 3 damage) how many damage would be dealt in the outcome? 

1.1 Is it that when I play Lightning Bolt , the first Dictate of the Twin Gods says : double the Damage which is then 3+3=6 and then the second Dictate of the Twin Gods says: double the damage of the source again which would be 3+3+3=9 ?

1.2.  Is it that when I play Lightning Bolt , the first Dictate of the Twin Gods says : double the Damage which is then 3+3=6 and then the second Dictate of the Twin Gods says: double the damage which means then 6+6=12 ?

2.Question

Scenario : 

There is one Dictate of the Twin Gods as well as a Boros Reckoner on the field. Boros Reckoner says : Whenever this creature is dealt damage it deals that much damage to target creature or player. 

If I would play a Lightning Bolt now on Boros Reckoner what would happen?

2.1. I play Lighning Bolt and The Dictate of the Twin Gods doubles the 3 damage to 6. These 6 damage hit the Boros Reckoner. And now the Boros Reckoners deals 6 damage to target creature / player ?

2.2 I play Lighning Bolt and The Dictate of the Twin Gods doubles the 3 damage to 6. These 6 damage hit the Boros Reckoner. And now the 6 damage the Boros Reckoner would deal are doubled again from the Dictate of the twin Gods as it is a new source so it would deal 6*2= 12 damage to target player / creature ?

Let me know what you think and if possible refer to the rulings. 

Thanks for any help !

Bearbeitet von Bnd, 13. Februar 2016 - 18:24.

#2 Gast_Vistella_* Geschrieben 13. Februar 2016 - 18:35   Beste Antwort

Gast_Vistella_*

Most Qualified User Singleton

• Mitglied
  • PIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.711 Beiträge

1. 4/26/2014: If more than one Dictate of the Twin Gods is on the battlefield, damage dealt will double for each one (two of them will end up multiplying the damage by four, three of them by eight, and four of them by sixteen).

2. the bolt will deal 6 damage, the reckoner will shoot those 6 onto something else, which will get doubled due to the dictate, resulting in 12 damage from the reckoner

#3 Rotband Geschrieben 13. Februar 2016 - 18:37

Rotband

RSS Bot 2.0

• Mitglied
  • PIPPIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 16.426 Beiträge

Question 1: 4/26/2014: If more than one Dictate of the Twin Gods is on the battlefield, damage dealt will double for each one (two of them will end up multiplying the damage by four, three of them by eight, and four of them by sixteen).

(from the Gatherer: http://gatherer.wiza...iverseid=380403 )

Question 2: The Lightning Bolt Deals 3 Damage, but Dictate of the Twin Gods will double it up, so you deal 6 damage to the Boros Reckoner. Than the Boros Reckoner would deal 6 Damage, but again Dictate of the Twin Gods will double that damage, so it deals 12.

Too slow :ph34r:

ehemals Otters Kroxa

#4 aeonflux Geschrieben 13. Februar 2016 - 18:37

aeonflux

Erfahrenes Mitglied

• Mitglied
  • PIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 1.246 Beiträge

1.2 and 2.2. since replacement effects are applied one after another and the replacement effect which is currently applied sees all other replacement effects applied before for question one and in question two those are two different damage events which are each handled seperately..

Bearbeitet von aeonflux, 13. Februar 2016 - 18:38.

In the interest of competitive diversity, Splinter Twin is banned from Modern.

#5 Der Schneider Geschrieben 13. Februar 2016 - 18:55

Der Schneider

Erfahrenes Mitglied

• PIPPIPPIPPIP
  • 4.127 Beiträge

@Bnd:

Willkommen im Forum!

Da wir uns als ein rein deutsches Forum betrachten, um damit auch ein Alleinstellungsmerkmal zu bilden, verlangen wir von unseren Mitgliedern, dass sie auch ihre Beiträge, es sei denn es handelt sich um Ankündigungen internationaler Großturniere, auf Deutsch verfassen. Bitte beherzige das in Zukunft!

... da pennt man mal zur Abwechslung wieder bis 12 und direkt ist Modern ein richtiges Format :-/

© 2003 - 2016 | @MTG_Forum auf Twitter | MTG-Forum.de auf Facebook | Impressum | Disclaimer/Datenschutz | Magic-Markt | DeckStats
Diese Webseite steht in keiner Verbindung zu Wizards of the Coast, Inc. oder Hasbro, Inc. Magic: The Gathering ist ein eingetragenes Warenzeichen von Wizards of the Coast, Inc, einem Tochterunternehmen von Hasbro, Inc. Alle Rechte an den Kartennamen, dem Tap-Symbol, den Mana-Symbolen und den Editions-Symbolen liegen bei Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Alle Rechte an Bildern liegen bei dem jeweiligen Künstler oder Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.