26. März beginnt das Jahr des Phönix und mit ihm gibt es natürlich HoF-Karten!
Hall of Fame
- Leeroy Jenkins
- Leeroy Jenkins is one of Blizzard’s most beloved characters, but his time has come. He just ends too many games, with too much neutral face damage, and hinders class identity.
- Mountain Giant
- Mountain Giant has been around as a deck enabler for a long time and Blizzard enjoys the decks he helped create. By rotating it allows them to fill that design space with new cards.
- Mind Control Tech
- Mind Control Tech is the kind of random effect that Blizzard no longer wants to promote in Standard, because it often brings out very negative feelings and big swings in game state.
- Acolyte of Pain
- Acolyte of Pain is one of the most popular forms of Card Draw in the game and it makes it hard to differentiate between classes.
- Much like Acolyte of Pain, rotating Spellbreaker will allow Blizzard to fill the design space with different Silence cards.
If you return to play Hearthstone again in the Year of the Phoenix, you will be greeted by a brand new re-introduction campaign. This will not only bring you back up to speed with the game, but also reward you with your own competitive deck of the class of your choice, as well as some card packs.
Ranked Ladder Improvements
When you log in after returning, you will first play through 3 quick catch up missions as Illidan...back in the time when he was a Mage! After this you will receive your rewards and can go out and play the game freely.
The new catch up missions also perfectly line up with the new Demon Hunter prologue, where you continue the story of Illidan, this time as a Demon Hunter!
Significant changes are coming to the way Ranked Ladder works. The system is more straightforward and there will be more and better rewards.
The way it will work is that instead of simply numbered ranks, there will be ranges of ranks, much like you are used to in other competitive games. They are (in order):
- Bronze: 10 through 1
- Silver: 10 through 1
- Gold: 10 through 1
- Platinum: 10 through 1
- Diamond: 10 through 1
For 50 ranks total + Legend. Each Rank will have 3 stars and you will not lose stars in Bronze. Every 5 Ranks there will be a plateau where you cannot sink past again.
You reset to Bronze 10 every month, but, do not despair, because there is a new measure in place to not make this awful.
Because although you reset back to Bronze 10, you will get a bonus multiplier for your wins, up to 11, depending on how high you ranked last month. This is on top of Win Streak bonuses. In practice this means that on your first win at the start of the month, you may get 10 stars instead of 1 and with a win streak 20 stars instead of 2. This bonus multiplier slowly goes away as you rank up and get closer to the rank you held last month, and when you reach that rank again, your multiplier will be gone fully.
The match ups you get when you queue will also no longer be just randomly against players at a similar rank, but you will get opponents based on a hidden Match Making Rating, to make matches more fair and engaging. Blizzard hopes this will be a more satisfying experience for players, especially at the lower ranks.
Then there’s the improved rewards. First of all, you now get your card back immediately after getting your first 5 wins. You also get immediate rewards for reaching a certain rank for the first time, including a Legendary card for reaching Legend for the first time. For the reward at the end of the month you now get cards and packs.
Bearbeitet von KitsuLeif, 17. März 2020 - 18:45.