Blizzard has made a huge announcement today about the future of Hearthstone. We're getting a new Core set, Basic & Classic are moving to Wild, a new format is arriving that let's you play old Hearthstone, and more! Details down below.Hearthstone's 2021 Rotation - The Legacy and Core Sets
New Format: Classic
- Basic & Classic Sets move to Wild in a new set called Legacy.
- The new Core Set has 235 cards.
- This set will change every year and be completely free for all players.
- You unlock cards in this set by leveling your heroes.
- Some older cards will return from previous expansions.
- 29 of the cards this upcoming year are completely new.
- We will be able to have 27 deck slots!
- Tavern Brawl will be changed to give out more recent packs instead of Classic packs.
This is not the new game mode.
- Arrives on set rotation this year.
- You get to play with the original 240 Hearthstone cards as they were in 2014 - no nerfs or buffs!
- Your collection gets mirrored - having the current card also gives you the older card.
- This is only with Basic & Classic cards. No other additions have been announced.
- Has its own matchmaking pool and ranked play mode.
- Games you play count towards achievements.
- Cards that were added to the Classic set past 2014 will no longer be included in Classic Packs but instead can be crafted.
- Demon Hunter will not be playable in the format.