BlizzConline hat ordentlich was bewegt in der HearthStone Welt:
- There are 10 new characters being highlighted throughout the year.
- Spell Schools - Like minion types but for spells!
- Arcane, Fel, Fire, Frost, Nature, Holy, and Shadow are the schools.
- Ranked Spells - Gain power as a match progresses. They grow in power at 5 and 10 mana.
- Wrath of Air Totem replaced with Strength Totem. A 0/2 that at the end of the turn gives a random friendly minion +1 attack.
- New Keyword: Frenzy Effects triggered the first time a minion survives damage.
- Basic & Classic get replaced by 235 cards in the new Core Set.
- Some previously rotated cards are coming back into the Core Set to provide modern gameplay.
- 29 of the cards in the Core Set are going to be completely new.
- Everything in the Core set is completely free by leveling your classes.
- Fireball and Tirion Fordring are sticking around for the Core Set.
- Annoy-o-Tron is in the Core Set.
- Tomb Pillager is in the new Core Set.
- Menagerie Warden is in the new Core Set.
- Assassinate is getting buffed and will be in the Core Set.
- Feral Spirit, Earth Elemental, and Lightning Storm are each getting buffed.
- Core Set card reveals are happening next week.
- Year of the Gryphon is going to bring even more changes to Battlegrounds to keep it fun and thriving.
- Some of the new mercenary heroes are going to be added to Battlegrounds.
- New minion types are coming!
- In Patch 20.2, Quilboar is a Battlegrounds-exclusive minion type that is being added.
- Quilboars will generate a resource and take advantage of it. They have not finalized all the details yet.
- More heroes are being added. You will not lose progress on your current heroes.
Book of Heroes
- Stories are still being told this year.
- Valeera is up next!
Book of Mercenaries
- Like the book of heroes, we'll be getting to learn more about the stories behind characters.
- This solo content will focus on the 10 mercenary heroes being added to Hearthstone.
- A new game mode that takes lots of different elements of other games.
- They take elements of Roguelikes and Tactical RPGs.
- Your three chosen characters have different abilities and you want to use them to create power combos against your opponents.
- You'll progress through a map - combat and other interesting things to do.
- Progression in Mercenaries is permanent. You keep the stuff you've earned.
- If you fail to complete a level, you can come back and try it again.
- It does not use your collection at all, much like Battlegrounds.
- Hearthstone is becoming a platform for different types of card games. Mercenaries is just one type of game within Hearthstone.
- A lot of the content is single-player but there are multi-player parts. They are hoping for high-skill games against other players.
- The mode has less RNG than normal Hearthstone.
- Tirion Fordring is one of the new characters being added.
- The mode releases during Phase 1 of the Year of the Gryphon.
Alles zum Thema Mercenaries:
High Abbess Alura wurde generft: Von 4 auf 5 Mana
Das Core Set bekommt auch neue Karten:
Blizzcon started the biggest reveal season in the history of the game - not only Forged in the Barrens, the new Hearthstone expansion, will be released soon, but with the beginning of the Year of the Gryphon, we'll also receive a new and completely free Core set.
The Core set will replace the Evergreen set (Classic and Basic sets) and will be made of:
- 29 Brand new cards.
- Cards returning from wild such as Annoy-o-Tron and Tomb Pillager.
- Old cards that have been changed
- Basic and Classic cards that make sense to stay are going to hang around still. Fireball and Tirion Fordring confirmed.
Out of the 29 new cards, 3 have been revealed so far, and they're not trivial at all: Ysera, Malygos and Deathwing received reimagining in order to keep the lore fantasy of these characters around in Standard and to keep them up with the increase in power level that the game has gone through since its release in 2014. Note, these new cards we're going to showcase do not replace the older ones. The older cards will still be playable in Wild.
Hier schon mal ein paar Karten, die wir in Forged in the Barrens sehen werden: